It’s 3 pm on Super Bowl Sunday, and some of us have done nothing to prepare. It happens to everyone; at some point in your life, you will have unexpected guests for some sporting event. My sister, Ms. Ines whipped up some last-minute chicken wings, for those inevitable times where you end up screaming “You invited WHO over for the game?!”
Ms. Ines’s Last-Minute “You Invited Who Over?” Wings
- 8 wings
- 2 (12 oz) bottles of dark beer
- 1 cup Honey Barbecue Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 1/8 cup Hot Wing Sauce (Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce)
- Place wings in large pot in one layer so that wings are just touching. Pour in beer and enough water to cover the wings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to Medium-High. Let cook so that there is no visible pink, turning frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer wings to plate, cover, and set aside.
- Pre-heat broiler on High.
- In a container with lid, combine BBQ and wing sauce.
- Lightly brush wings with 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Broil on High for 8 minutes, turning half way through.
- Place wings in lidded container and shake to coat thoroughly. Serve hot with your choice of garnish. Ms Ines recommends pineapple slices (grilled is best) and plantain chips.
Tips: For hotter wings, add a 1/8 cup more of wing sauce. Also, you can boil the wings ahead of time and keep refrigerated or frozen and begin at Step 5 with thawed wings for spur of the moment entertaining.